Thursday, May 31, 2012

I have decided to have the kids pick one random act of kindness a week to do for someone else(not my idea, but it's a good one!). After I gave them a few ideas of things we could do they decided they wanted to hide dollars in the toy section of Dollar Tree for another child to find randomly. We wrote messages("Enjoy this random act of kindness"), put the quarters in a bag and tied it up. The best part was having a mini math lesson with the quarters before we started. I was able to help the little one practice coin recognition and the older one practice multiplication using the coins! Wish we could have seen the look on the kid's faces that found the money. (=


Finding a good spot to hide the dollar. 

I love that he put his in the boy section and she put hers with the girl toys. 

I found a good spot for mine in the ball bin. 

She put hers under the barbie doll. perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment